Pre Renaissance Art & Illuminated manuscripts. Pre Renaissance Art Is artwork mostly connected with the European nations . This work was made mostly with Marble Bronze Fibers Paint The items use to make the art depended on geographic and physical environment.
8) An illumination is an EMBELLISHMENT, or additional decoration that enhances the pages of a written, or manuscript page.
9) The term, Illumination comes from the term Illuminate, or to fill with light. This effect is achieved with the application of gold leaf to the letters and images, which reflect light and appear to glow.
10) An illuminated letter was usually the first letter of a page or paragraph. It was always enlarged and in color with gold applied in areas, while the rest of the text remained black. The images used to enhance the letters include animals, plants, and mythological creatures.
11) Gothic: generally there was less text on page, with blank spaces in lines of text being filled with decorative bars. Illustrations were sometimes combined with borders, and marginal sketches and grotesques (now known as drolleries) were reintroduced
12) Carolingian Minuscule: was a reform which increased the uniformity, clarity and legibility of handwriting.
13) Bâtarde:cursive script, the most beautiful specimens of this script are known as Flemish Bastarda, written by Flemish calligraphers. This beautiful style combines the springing arches of the French Caroline miniscule with the compression of the Gothic scripts and a fair amount of pen manipulation.
18) Illuminated manuscript types: every one of these severed a different purpose and were used by different people. As a result their design and size varied.