Applesauce. Jennifer Yeon Hee Kim (2013840398) Dianna Lee (2013840145) Margarita Payton (2013840324) Kavin Ho (2013840098). Background. Owned by Knouse Foods Produces canned fruit and vegetables One of the leading applesauce brands in America Motto: "Quality You Can Taste" (2)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Jennifer Yeon Hee Kim (2013840398)
Dianna Lee (2013840145)
Margarita Payton (2013840324)
Kavin Ho (2013840098)
- retortable, peelable packaging
- convenience of use
- prolonged shelf life of the product
- container lightweight
- heat resistance
- biodegradable materials
- sustainable package coating
- Shift from glass and rigid plastic containers towards more sustainable packaging.
- Currently used packaging:
However, Musselman's have not yet adopted an innovative packaging: spouted pouches
Adoption of the spouted pouches and innovative packaging materials
- polyglycolic acid (PGA)
Advantages of innovative packaging
1. "Applesauce." Applesauce. U.S. Applesauce Industry, n.d. Web. 31 May 2013.
2. "Through the Years." Musselman's. Knouse Foods, n.d. Web. 31 May 2013.
3."Sustainability Efforts." Musselman's. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 June 2013.
4.“Packaging Materials Innovation.” Food Engineering Magazine. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 June 2013.
5. "Central New York." The Post-Standard. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 June 2013.
6. "Knouse Foods Takes Steps Toward A Brighter Tomorrow." Press Release Distribution, EDGAR Filing, XBRL, Regulatory Filings. BusinessWire, 22 Feb. 2011. Web. 01 June 2013.