Nestucca Valley Community Alliance. A presentation to the Tillamook County Board of Commissioners April 11, 2012 Gloria Scullin , Chair. How it all began. South County citizens saw an opportunity to convert commercial property to community use.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
A presentation to the
Tillamook County Board of Commissioners
April 11, 2012
Gloria Scullin, Chair
South County citizens
saw an opportunity to
property to community use
4.3 acre Pacific Telecom cable landing station
Approximately 42% of the property (1.8 acres) is reserved for TLW and UW, leaving 58% (2.5 acres) for community use.
Cable Landing Buildings & Equipment
NRFPD Water Rescue Storage Building
Cape Kiwanda Drive
Tracts C & D
Potential Community Parking
Note: Road Access to BLM Land
1. Exercise circuit
2. Play ground equipment - swings, slides, climbing structures
3. Multi-use sport area - hard surface, possibly covered area for basketball, tennis, or other sports and uses.
4. Picnic area with tables
5. Amphitheater- simple design with a wooden stage and benches – to be used for concerts, plays, demonstrations and other activities
6. Interpretive center - Long range plan. Building dedicated to education and cultural and historical events; for classes, meetings, displays, technology exhibits, offices for visiting educators.
We need help from South County !!
We need your ideas, resources, experience, time and effort!!
Our communities have a great deal of talent and expertise.
PLEASE JOIN US
SPECIAL NVCA BOARD MEETING
Saturday, January 28, 2012
1:30 – 3:30 pm
Kiawanda Community Center
We will discuss setting priorities for the future and more importantly how to seize this opportunity and make it happen for our children, for our future and for our community.