Newborn Myths. Bryan Burke MD University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Arkansas Children’s Hospital. Common Knowledge is Sometimes Wrong. Sherlock Holmes never said “Elementary, my dear Watson.” In Casablanca, Ilsa Lund never said “Play it again, Sam.”
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Bryan Burke MD
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Arkansas Children’s Hospital
2. AAP’s Pediatric Nutrition Handbook, Fifth Edition, page 71.
1. Active untreated tuberculosis
2. Being human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I or II positive.
3. Mothers with a herpes simplex lesion on the breast.
18. Circumcision Policy Statement, Pediatrics, 1999:103;No.3;686-693.
1. American Academy of Pediatrics, Subcommittee on Hyperbilirubinemia. Management of Hyperbilirubinemia in the Newborn Infant 35 or more weeks of gestation. Pediatrics, 2004;114;297-316.