St. Paul of Tamouh. F rom Tamouh , Egypt Loved solitary life since young age Lived in Ansena Mountain, with disciple Ezekiel V irtuous life of prayer and fasting Lord Christ appeared to comfort & strengthen Later joined St . Bishoy (beloved of our Saviour ) in Mount Ansena
+ “…so I shall be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage …”
+ “Only be strongand very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law …” (Joshua 1:7)
+ “Have I not commanded you? Be strongand of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
FAITH + WORK = VICTORY !
- To be set apart, to be holy
- In Old Testament: abstain from certain food, diseases, dead bodies, etc.
- God used outward uncleanness to illustrate inwarduncleanness of sin
- Must approach God with PURE heart
REPENTANCE + CONFESSION BEFORECOMMUNION
FAITH at WORK!
12 stones, 12 tribes
- To focus on God
- A reminder of God’s promise
- Encouragement for next task (Jericho)
And Joshua said to the people, “Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.”
Take God with you when crossing your “Jordan” !