Principles of good practice. Jana Kunická Community Philanthropy Initiative Coordinator European Foundation Centre. Overview: 2 topics to be addressed. European Commission action: Code of Conduct for non profit organisations
Community Philanthropy Initiative Coordinator
European Foundation Centre
1.1. A European framework for a Code of Conduct for NPOs: European Commission Communication COM (2005) 620
- Oversight of the non-profit sector and
operation of publicly accessible registration systems for NPOs
- Encourage NPO compliance with a Code of Conduct on transparency and accountability
- Encourage awareness programmes for NPOs and intermediaries on risk of NPO abuse and detection
- keep available basic identification information on their organisation
- follow proper book-keeping practice, prepare annual reports and financial statements of income and expenditure
- use formal channels for money flows
- follow the “Know your beneficiaries and associate NPOs rule”
- Commission wishes to further discuss implementation of the Communication with the public and non-profit sector.
- Commission conference in autumn 2006 and setting up of a contact group (EFC will be part of this contact group).
- Commission will review results three years after its adoption.
2.1. What is at stake for Foundations? The EFC Principles of Good Practice
2.5. Principle No 3 - Informed Policies, Operations and Support Programmes