Mainstreaming Equality. Embedding Equality in VEC Education Plans John Ryan Equality Seminar - May 28 th 2010. Mainstreaming Equality.
Embedding Equality in
VEC Education Plans
Equality Seminar - May 28th 2010.
- Legislation - Incorporates equality & related acts
- Vision and Mission Statement – underpins equality and diversity
- Review of current services – identifies issues to be addressed
- Consultation process – engages key stakeholders from nine grounds.
- Outcomes for consideration - includes equality issues
- Setting goals and objectives - embraces inclusive education
- Implementation procedures - Embeds equality in all activities.
- Systems for evaluation and review - Equality Impact Assessment.
Employment Equality Acts 1998 & 2004
VECs must take appropriate measures to enable a person who has a disability to have access to employment or to a vocational training course, to participate or advance in employment, or to undertake employment unless the measure would impose a disproportionate burden on the employer or provider of vocational training.
Equal Status Acts 2000 to 2004.
- admission or the terms or conditions of admissions
- the access of any student to any course, facility or benefit
- any other terms or condition
- the expulsion of a student or other sanction.
Disability related requirements: