Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The grade exemplar for outstanding quality of teaching, learning and assessment in the 2012 inspection framework makes clear that E&D must be integrated fully into the learning experience, including learners on employer-responsive provision. For many providers, apprenticeships are a growth area, yet they are often ‘behind’ in embedding E&D in the curriculum compared to learner-responsive provision.
Integrating Equality and Diversity in all aspects of provision
Defining what equality and
What is Equality?
What is Diversity?
Managers:What do Ofsted look for in relation to E&D?
Support Staff:What is the role of support staff in promoting E&D?
actively promoting positive relationships and respect for human rights
understanding and respecting differences
taking positive actions to tackle unlawful and unfair discrimination, inequality and unfairness
adopting practices that make best use of the differing skills and talents of individuals
focusing on improving outcomes that raise standards and improve lives
Effective ways of using learner profiles to promote and support equality and diversityDuring lesson observations how to evaluate E&D practice in teaching , learning and assessment
5. Teacher is consistent and fair in the way all students are treated and given opportunity to participate
6. Resources used give opportunities to broaden the learner’s experience of: gender, age, race, culture, sexuality – avoiding stereotyping and prejudices
7. Teaching techniques, eg. Q&A, consider all learners equally and use a variety of assessment methods which ensure that all students are able to reflect on and review their learning
8. Student disabilities are accommodated so that all aspects of the lesson are inclusive and accessible and adaptive equipment is available
9. The teacher uses a wide range of examples and anecdotes which demonstrate a wide range of cultures, etc. and enable students to bring their life experiences to the classroom
E&D WHAT YOU DO?
e.g Induction ground rules discuss discrimination and racism.
What E&D issues do you face at your establishment?
Identify what problems you think exist. There must be something….
*At chesterfield college we have a racism problem but this is not noticeable due to the low number of Black/ Asian students at the college. Bullying was seen by staff as not being an issue but after taking to student there seems to be a large number of problem in relation to bullying on facebook etc.
The 9 protected characteristics are:
“One aspect of E&D is tackling discrimination”
Look at the descriptions on your sheet what type of discrimination are they? Use the list below
The equality and diversity grade will contribute to and may limit the grade for overall effectiveness.
The two operating principles for inspection of equality and diversity
how effectively a provider is narrowing any achievement gap
between groups of learners (EDIMS Data)
how effectively a provider actively promotes equality and
diversity and tackles discrimination
The Effect of E&D on Inspection grades
Embedding E&D in to lesson planning how to demonstrate it??
Be prepared to share.