Pastor/TeacherJim Rickard Thursday, January 15, 2009 Grace Fellowship Churchwww.GraceDoctrine.org
Memory VerseJohn 13:34, “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.”
The Upper Room DiscourseJohn 13-16John 13:31-32God is glorified in the body of Christ.
9. The pattern for glorifying God includes suffering for blessing, not divine discipline or self-induced misery under the law of volitional responsibility.
a) There are three categories of suffering for blessing. 1) Providential Preventative Suffering.
a) There are three categories of suffering for blessing. 1) Providential Preventative Suffering. 2) Momentum Testing.
a) There are three categories of suffering for blessing. 1) Providential Preventative Suffering. 2) Momentum Testing. 3) Evidence Testing.2 Tim 4:7-8; John 12:25-26
10. God sustains the believer in their suffering.Heb 2:7-9; 1 Peter 1:6-8; 5:10
11. Glorification is related to the distribution of your escrow blessings for time and eternity, ...1 Cor 3:10-15; Rev 2-3
…because your rewards are based on His Word, His Spirit, His Plan, His Provisions and your non-meritorious faith in Him.
12. God receives glory forever in the function of ultimate sanctification and the deliverance of the ultra supergrace believer.2 Tim 4:18
1. The Lord is glorified through our hymns, songs and psalms. Ex 15:1-20; Judges 5:3; 2 Chron 5:13: Psa 7:17; 21:13; 22:22ff; 66:1ff; Acts 16:25
2. The Lord is glorified through the confession of our sins. Joshua 7:19-20
Joshua 7:19, Then Joshua said to Achan, “My son, I implore you, give glory to the LORD, the God of Israel, and give praise to Him; and tell me now what you have done. Do not hide it from me.”
3. The Lord is glorified through our priestly service.1 Chron 16:4: 23:5, 30; 2 Chron 7:6; 8:14; Ezra 3:10; Neh 9:5
5. The Lord is glorified through our thanksgiving. Eph 1:3-14; Heb 13:5.
6. The Lord is glorified by submitting to governing authorities.Rom 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13-15
7. The Lord is glorified as a result of faithfulness in suffering.1 Peter 1:6-9
8. We will glorify the Lord in the eternal state.Isa 45:23; Rom 14:11; Phil 2:10-11; Rev 5:11-13; 19:1-6
a. The resurrection body is described in terms of glory.1 Cor 15:43; 2 Thes 2:14
Grace Fellowship ChurchThursday, January 15, 2009Tape # 09-004Doctrine of Glory, Part 2 Upper Room Discourse, Part 236 John 13:31-32; 2 Tim 4:7-8, 18; Phil 2:10-11James H. Rickard Bible Ministries 2009