Child and Adolescent Task Force Report. Charlotte V. McNulty, Vice Chair Presentation to House Health, Welfare and Institutions General Assembly Building September 6, 2007. Background. Three Committees Access to services for all children with serious emotional disorders
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Charlotte V. McNulty, Vice Chair
Presentation to House Health, Welfare and Institutions
General Assembly Building
September 6, 2007
Early Intervention and
1) Fund incentives through the Office of Comprehensive Services to limit the use of residential treatment and use the money saved to create more community-based services;
2) Mandate additional services through CSB statute beyond emergency services and case management including crisis stabilization, family support, respite, in-home, day-treatment and psychiatric care. Insure funding is available
3) Recommend that the Office of Comprehensive Services develop a policy for communities that are over-reliant on residential care that requires that prior to any non-emergency residential placement, FAPT shall:
4) CPMT shall review every residential placement within 21 days of placement to determine if crisis stabilization has occurred. Any longer care must be justified.
5) CSBs have legal authority for being “front-door” for behavioral health in community and, therefore, should conduct intake and evaluations for all CSA children needing behavioral health treatment.
6) An aggressive, clinically knowledgeable case management and utilization management system must be built in, especially in regards to use of residential care.
7) It is recognized that there is a need to build collaborative relationships between communities and universities for development of best practice models and evaluations processes.
Charlotte V. McNulty, Executive Director
1241 North Main Street
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22802
Phone: (540) 434-1941