Celebration. Dr. Kevin McKee. Praise and Prayer. Becoming a “3 C” Church in 2013 • Loving God: Celebrate • Loving One Another: Connect • Loving and Serving the World: Contribute. Time with God Alone: Personal Devotion
Dr. Kevin McKee
• Loving God: Celebrate
• Loving One Another: Connect
• Loving and Serving the World: Contribute
Romans 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
• Read the Bible
• Memorize the Bible
Deuteronomy 6:4-9 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.
7Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
• Passionately love God with all you are.
• Repeatedly present God’s teaching in your home.
• Naturallyinclude God’s truth in all of life.
Psalm 150 Praise the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
2 Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. Praise the Lord.
3Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.
Hebrews 13:15-16 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name. 16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
• Changed because we’ve experienced the greatness and grace of God
• Changed because we’ve heard and believedGod’s Word from the Bible
• Changed because we’ve been restored with God and potentially with one another
• Changed because we’re now focusedon the things that are important to God
• Changed because we’vetrusted in God’s provision for salvation: Jesus Christ