Ethylene Glycol (Antifreeze). It was a case that had doctors and law enforcement in the small town of Perry, Okla. puzzled. What killed 53 year-old Carol Hellar? . Detection .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
It was a case that had doctors and law enforcement in the small town of Perry, Okla. puzzled. What killed 53 year-old Carol Hellar?
used as an automotive antifreeze and a precursor
poisoning is that the symptoms can easily mirror those
of an overdose of lithium and other prescribed psychoactive medications – which is what kept her doctors off balance,” Poklis said. “Poisoning from ethylene glycol is usually accidental, or the result of an attempted suicide.”
The first symptom of ethylene glycol ingestion is similar to the feeling caused by intensely drinking alcohol followed by death.