Past DBQ Topics. Global Studies Myers. Remember:. When you get your exam turn to the back and look at the Thematic and DBQ Essay topics. On a piece of scrap paper, write down the number of any multiple choice question that you can use on either exam. Cold War.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Discuss how the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union affected other nations and/or regions of the world
Discuss both the positive effects and the negative effects of the Industrial Revolution on European society.
• Discuss imperialism from the point of view of the imperialist power
• Discuss imperialism from the point of view of the colonized people
Identify two of the technological changes mentioned in the historical context and for each
• Explain how the new technology changed the existing technology
• Discuss the impact of this new technology on a specific society or the world
• Discuss the economic, social, and/or political reasons for wars
• Discuss the expected outcomes and the unexpected outcomes of wars
Discuss the political, economic, and/or social changes that resulted from the conquest
Choose two epidemics and for each
• Explain why the epidemic spread
• Discuss the effects of the epidemic on a specific society or societies
• Discuss the political, social, and/or economic causes of British imperialism
• Discuss the positive effects and the negative effects of British colonial rule
• Discuss two of these revolutions: the Neolithic Revolution, the Scientific Revolution, the Green Revolution
• Explain the significant social, intellectual, and/or economic changes resulting from each of the two revolutions
• Define the term nationalism
• Discuss how nationalism has had positive and/or negative effects on specific nations and/or regions
• Evaluate whether nationalism in general has had a more positive or a more negative impact on the people of the world
Choose two of these turning points and for each:
• Explain why it is considered a turning point
• Evaluate whether the impact of the turning point has been positive or negative
• Compare and contrast the effect of geographic factors such as location and availability of resources on the political and economic development of Great Britain and Japan
Choose two Golden Age civilizations, and for each one:
Describe at least two specific achievements during that civilization’s Golden Age.
Explain how these achievements had an impact on other civilizations