Store Security. STORE SECURITY. Customer Service. Acknowledge all customers Make eye contact. A possible robber will think twice if he thinks that he can be identified. Approach customers and offer assistance: 1. Verbally when they enter. 2. Up close if they linger around. Robbery.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Verbally when they enter.
2. Up close if they linger around.
1. Give as much detail as possible.
2. Stay on the phone until told to hang up.
1. Keep everyone from discussing the robbery.
2. Have everyone write down what they saw. (Description of robber & what was said.)
3. Note what the robber touched or took.
4. Keep everyone away from what the robber touched.
5. DO NOT discuss the robbery with the media.
6. If a witness insists on leaving, get name, phone number, address, & license plate number for police.
1. Take back stolen items.
2. Detain suspect.
3. Call police /ABC Law Enforcement.
1. Do not lock them in the store (creates safety issues for you, other employees and customers).
2. Do not follow them out the store.
3. Do not accuse them of a crime.
4. Do not tell them they are under arrest.
5. Do not attempt to physically detain them.
Do not lock them in the store. Creates safety issues for you, other employees and customers.
1. Keep them under constant surveillance (In case they abandon merchandise somewhere in the store).
2. Approach them before they exit store
(preferably in view of security camera).
3. Tell them you need to talk with them about items in their possession.
4. Avoid embarrassing the customer.
5. DO take custody of recovered merchandise.
Hold up Alarms
A maintenance contract is worth the cost.
Should the button fail, have a code that can be entered at a key pad and include access in office and restrooms (in case employees are locked in by suspects).
Surveillance Cameras and Recorders
The key to the surveillance system; it must be turned on.
1. Acknowledge customers.
2. Approach customers to assist them.
3. Don’t sit on the job.
4. Approach suspected shoplifters.
5. Use surveillance system.
6. Keep back closed, office locked, & money in safe.
7. Check lot at opening, closing and while making deposits.
8. Keep only small amounts of cash in register.