DSC 2012 Travel Updates . Teamwork makes the Dream Work!. General Provisions • Credit card slips and bank statements (i.e . – bank, credit card) can no longer be the sole piece of documentation that an expense was incurred.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Teamwork makes the Dream Work!
• Credit card slips and bank statements (i.e. – bank, credit card) can no longer be the sole piece of documentation that an expense was incurred.
• The following counties are now recognized as high cost areas in the state of Georgia: Chatham, Cobb, Dekalb, Fulton, Glynn, and Richmond.
• Sections regarding international travel and employees with disabilities are included in the policy.
• Prior authorization for all travel must be obtained prior to the travel event, no matter the trip mileage.
• In the event there is a charge for checking luggage, the State will reimburse for a maximum of one (1) piece of checked luggage.
• If a refundable fare must be used, the difference in the cost of the flight should not exceed $150.
• Lower cost flights should be chosen within two hours before or after the preferred flight time when the alternative flight saves $200.00 or more roundtrip.
• Business class is reimbursable for international flights when the portion of the flight that is nonstop exceeds 10 hours in duration. Pre-trip approval for the additional expense is required. This does not include any time spent in between flights during a connection.
• Federal regulations require that U.S. carriers be used for foreign travel on trips funded by federally sponsored programs, unless a U.S. Carrier is not available.
• Renting vehicles outside the State vendor program requires an approved waiver form
(Contact the Office of Procurement).
• Personal use of rental vehicles is prohibited while on official State business.
• All employees must now use the DOAS Vehicle Rental Cost Comparison form on the DOAS website http://ssl.doas.state.ga.us/vehcostcomp/ to determine the most cost-effective means of transportation. The results of this comparison must be included with your travel reimbursement.
• In the event that the most cost-effective means of transportation is not used and the employee is requesting reimbursement at the Tier 1 rate, the manager of the employee must submit written justification to the Office of Accounting and Budget to be included with the employees travel reimbursement.
New Mileage Rates:
Tier 1: $0.555 per mile
Tier 2: $0.23 per mile
• For overnight trips, traveler will receive 75% of allowable per diem on day of departure and return.
• For non-overnight trips, travelers will receive 75% of the allowable per diem if travel is more than 50 miles from home, and are away for more than (12) hours.
Example Trip from Dalton, Georgia to Macon, Georgia:
Example Trip from Dalton, Georgia to Macon, Georgia (with lunch provided):
• Per Diem allowances are calculated based on last location of the travel day. For non- overnight travel the calculation is based on the last business location. For overnight travel the calculation is based on the location of lodging for each night of travel, for example, employee departs from Dalton State “headquarters” and will spend the night in Athens, GA so the employee would incur per diem at the rate for Athens. When employee is returning to home base the per diem incurred is still Athens, GA if that is where they spent the night before returning to Dalton State.
Departure Day: Where you spend the night.
Return Day: Where you spent the night before returning to home base.
• In state/out of state expenses can not be combined with international expenses on the same reimbursement form.
• Employees must submit expense reports within 30 calendar days of completion of travel
• Travel expense reports may be selected for audit at any time and all required receipts must be retained by the traveler for three years after the travel date if not attached to the expense report
Teresa Jamestjames@daltonstate.edu706-272-2547Pam Laneplane@daltonstate.edu706-272-2565