Proposed Action. Purpose and Need A proposal to authorize, recommend, or implement an action in response to the need identified in the Purpose and Need Scoping Alternatives. Identifies where, when, why, and what, based on existing and desired future condition
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Purpose and Need
A proposal to authorize, recommend, or implement an action in response to the need identified in the Purpose and Need
Identifies where, when, why, and what, based on existing and desired future condition
Group articulates a proposed action for itself; and/or responds to Forest Service’s proposed action
Group identifies specific issues of interest to explore through subcommittees
Group develops alternative(s) based on work of subcommittees
Should the Forest Service develop a proposed action for plantations only? Why?
1. Convene a team of people with different perspectives on the issue
2. Agree on the nature of the problem and questions that need to be answered
3. Identify and select qualified experts to assist the team
4. Work with the experts to refine the questions and agree on methods for answering them
5. Identify and review relevant information, including technical and scientific documents
6. Write a summary report synthesizing what has been learned, including any outstanding questions or disagreements