Building Consensus. C&S 563. BAD Consensus. Those who oppose do not speak up at meeting. Everyone nodding in unison but not really agreeing with the decision. Group think. Those who try to use consensus in every decision. Major Elements for Good Consensus. Define the problem.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1.Discuss the topic, raise questions and concerns, and present data and options for the solution.
2.Decide whether consensus is appropriate for the decision, how much time is needed, and what to do if consensus is not achieved.
4. Make suggestions or modifications on the proposed solutions.
5. Generate a new solution based on the discussion.
1. Create a compromise position and ask all for input.
2. Provide private think time.
3. Organize small groups to reach consensus and then begin large group discussion again.
4. Choose another facilitator.
5. I’m all for it. I can be a leader.
4. I’m for the idea. I can provide support.
3. I’m not sure, but I am willing to trust the group’s opinion.
2. I’m not sure. I need more discussion.
1. I can’t support it at this time. I need more information.
0. No, I need an alternative I can support.