Wellness and the Health Triangle. Chapter 1 Section 1. Warm-Up . Write three choices you made in the last week that may have affected your health. Also, you should note if the choices affected your health in a positive or negative way. Example: Went to the dentist- Positive.
Chapter 1 Section 1
keeping friends, and giving and getting support
Each side of your triangle is equally important to good health. By working to keep the sides balanced, you will be on your way to becoming a healthy person.
Wellness is an overall state of well-being. It involves doing you best in all three sides of the health triangle.
Relationship between social health and physical health
a. taking care of your body
b. liking who you are
c. getting along with others
Too much stress is okay for your body.
Low Level of Health
High Level of Health
Chapter 1 Section 2
Divide the top of your daily worksheet for today’s date into 3 columns and write one of the following terms at the top of each column:
Under each term name the family members with whom you share the above traits.
Hair Color Eye Color Height
Your environment has been extended by TV. Name at least one positive influence and one negative influence that TV has had on the choices you make.
Talk to the person next to you and list as many things as you can that someone your age can do to improve your health.
2. What makes up your environment?
1. Never miss breakfast
2. Eating three meals a day at regular times
3. Getting 8 to nine hours of sleep each night (video)
4. Staying at recommended level of weight
5. Doing Vigorous exercise for 30 minutes at least 5 days a week.
6. Avoid tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
7. Engage in positive relationships with others
3. Name and explain two lifestyle factors you would consider adopting to improve the quality of your health?
4. What is one step you can take in accepting your responsibility for your healthcare:
Chapter 1 Section 3
-On one side write one of the words to know at the top of page 18 on each card
-On the other side describe an example of that word
1. What does the E stand for in the GREAT decision making model?
2. What does the T stand for in the GREAT decision making model?
3. Explain why considering your values and the values of your parents or guardians when weighing your options is such an important step in the decision-making process?
4. Flow chart poster- Show all 5 steps of the GREAT decsion making process for the following question.
Chapter 1 Section 4
Make a list of skills you have tried to master and
accomplishments you have tried to achieve throughout
(example: how to ride a bike or how to play the piano)