Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Expert Group Meeting: to review “Handbook on Supply and Use Table, Compilation ,Application ,and Good Practice” Presenter Elias Fisseha Economic Statistics and National Accounts Section African Centre for Statistics 24-28 October 2011 Kaleb Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Outline of Presentation • Actual consumption versus Consumption Expenditure. • Individual services • Collective Services • Comments and suggestion • Point of Discussion
1. Actual Consumption versus Consumption Expenditure • Household spending on consumer goods and services is less than what they actually consuming. This is because government provide services to households free or at price below the cost of production. • Government actual consumption is the service they provide for the community as a whole such as defense, law and order, they are known as collective services. • Services such as health, education & social protection are called individual services. • For ICP purpose, actual consumption of household is compared across the countries.
2. Individual Services • Expenditure on individual service constitute individual consumption expenditure by government. • Individual services are services that government provides to specific identifiable households. i.e. such as health and education which are consumed by individual households. • The distinction between individual and collective services is made on COFOG classification • All expenditure by NPISH is individual service and part of household’s actual consumption
3. Collective Services • Government current expenditure that is not individual is termed as collective. • The collective service consumption includes general public services, defense, public order and safety, economic affairs and environment protection , the setting up of enforcement of public standards, research and development. • Collective consumption expenditure does not involve the purchase of goods and services for delivery to households.
5. Comments and Suggestion • The chapter is small and clear • It is better to elaborate the chapter or merge with other chapter 10.
6. Point of Discussion • What are the best practice to capture Household actual consumption expenditure on household income consumption and expenditure survey?
Thank you Please visit us at Website: http://ecastats.uneca.org/