Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Teacher Quality Strategic Plan Jeanie Weathersby Deputy Superintendent Teacher and Student Support. Georgia Department of Education. Goals: Reduce the number of teachers who leave the profession for reasons of job dissatisfaction. Ensure a highly qualified teacher for every classroom.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Teacher and Student Support
1) Collaborate with the Committee on Quality Teaching to coordinate and implement quality teaching strategies in partnership with other agencies.
2) Develop and implement a Georgia Teacher Success Model.
3) Develop and implement the Academic Coach Program.
4) Promote effective use of professional learning to increase teaching quality and student learning.
1) Create and utilize technology driven data analysis for decision making.
2) Develop standards and models for distributed leadership in schools.
3) Provide quality learning and teaching environments to support and retain quality teachers.
4) Develop an integrated set of performance standards for teacher preparation, licensure and teacher renewal.
5) Implement strategies to strengthen teacher professionalism.
6) Establish central coordination of communication to enhance public awareness related to teacher quality.
1) Identify key advisors, staff, and committee members for development.
2) Review teacher evaluations models used in Georgia and nationally.
3) Develop a work plan connected to CQT strategies and state/national models.
4) Design instrumentation and procedures for preliminary trials and field testing.
5) Provide training and support to assist schools and systems as they implement the model.
6) Develop a method for including teacher impact on student academic gains as a component of the model.
7) Develop a state-wide induction and mentoring model to support teacher success.
1) Establish an Implementation Committee to obtain input from across the state.
2) Identify key advisors, staff, and committee members for development.
3) Participate in demonstration projects and research to inform development
4) Identify national and state coaching models to inform program design.
5) Provide guidance and information for schools and systems in the application process for the Academic Coach program.
6) Provide a state-wide Academic Coaches’ Academy with on-going training and support.
7) Conduct an impact study to inform recommendations for continuation of the program.
1) Assist systems and schools as they implement Professional Learning Standards.
2) Manage the annual administration of the Standards Assessment Inventory (SAI) to inform School Improvement.
3) Promote implementation of Professional Learning Communities state-wide.
more than a