College Planning For Juniors. Fall Semester Begin/continue the college search Sign up for ACT or SAT Research specific college entrance requirements Maintain strong grades Continue/expand Enrichment Activities Spring Semester Select rigorous course work for senior year Take ACT or SAT
Begin/continue the college search
Sign up for ACT or SAT
Research specific college entrance requirements
Maintain strong grades
Continue/expand Enrichment Activities
Select rigorous course work for senior year
Take ACT or SAT
Visit college campuses
Narrow your college list
Finish the college search
Retake your college entrance exams
Submit your College Applications by Thanksgiving
Scholarship Applications from colleges
FAFSA financial aid form in January
Make college choice by April
How Is Your Junior Doing?
What is their current GPA?
Are they on track to graduate?
Do they know what credits are needed to graduate?
Index Score = 94
ACT Test Dates
Testing held at Eaglecrest High School
Saturdays: February 8th, 2014
April 12th, 2014
June 14th, 2014
ACT costs $36.50
Go to actstudent.org and set up an account.
SAT Test Dates
Testing available at Grandview High School
Saturdays: January 25th, 2014
March 8th, 2014
May 3rd, 2014
June 8th, 2014
SAT costs $51.00
Go to collegeboard.com to set up an account.
EHS will test every junior on Tuesday April 22nd. You do not need to pay or register for this test. You will register at school.
Consider the February test date so the April test isn’t your first try!
• April 2012, student loan debt surpassed credit debt for the first time in our history.
• ‘Paying for college’ is often the last topic discussed by families when investigating colleges.
• Student loan debt should be weighted with the same importance as other ‘fit’ factors when selecting a college.
Net Price Calculators
• As of November 2011, colleges and universities were required to provide a Net Price Calculator on their websites.
• Net Price Calculators were mandated by the U.S. Government to provide families with a ‘Good Faith’ estimate of what the COA would be for students.
• Net Price Calculators now allow families to ‘shop’ for a financial fit.
Other tools to consider…