Mid-year Review . This power point is to go along with your review packet of questions. How to use this PowerPoint:. Each page has a speaker icon in the bottom right-hand corner. Click on it for an introduction and directions on how to use the slide. Try it now!
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
This power point is to go along with your review packet of questions.
4. Which aspect of geography is most influenced by these factors?
5. Which statement about the Neolithic Revolution is an opinion rather than a fact?
7. The Neolithic Revolution is often considered a turning point in history because:
9. Which geographic feature had the greatest influence on the development of ancient civilizations?
10. The development of which early civilization was influenced most directly by the Tigris River, the Zagros Mountains, and the Syrian Desert?
11. The Indus and Huang He (Yellow) rivers are both closely associated with
If a man has destroyed the eye of a free man, his own eye shall be destroyed.
12. These rules are based on the
14. One way in which the Five Relationships, the Ten Commandments, and the Eightfold Path are similar is that they
15. Filial piety and the five relationships are most often associated with
17. The doctrines of the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Protestant Churches are all based on the
The actual journey to Mecca began on the fifth of Dhual Hijjah, 1393 (the 29th of December, 1973, according to the Gregorian calendar), at Beirut International Airport, but it was not until the afternoon of the seventh that I donned [put on] the Ihram [robe] and drove along on the road from Jiddah to Mecca. The road was crowded with cars, buses and trucks all packed with pilgrims chanting the Hajj refrain, the Talbiyah…”
~Michael E. Jansen, An American Girl on the Hajj
20. This passage describes the experience of a follower of?
21. Which religion includes the Four Noble Truths, the Eightfold Path, and nirvana?
22. Which empire best fits these descriptions?
23. The Ottomans were a strong trading empire through the mid-1600s because they
24. Which Golden Age is most closely associated with these achievements?
25. One similarity between the Gupta Empire and the Arab dynasties of the Islamic Golden Age is that they
26. One way in which Asoka, Mansa Musa, and Suleiman the Magnificent are similar is that they
27. Which civilization best completes the heading of the partial outline below?
A. Spread of Islam
B. Gold and salt trade
C. Growth of Timbuktu
D. Pilgrimage of Mansa Musa
28. Much of the wealth of the West African kingdoms of Ghana, Mali, and Songhai was gained from the
29. Which statement about the Sahara is most closely associated with the West African civilizations of Ghana and Mali?
30. Which statement about the trip taken by Emperor Mansa Musa is accurate?
31. Mansa Musa’s journey to Mecca in the 1300’s is evidence that
32. Which conclusion about trade is best supported by the information on this map?
33. Which geographic factor affected the development of the Gupta Empire?
34. The concept of zero, the expansion of the caste system, and the creation of the decimal system are most closely associated with the
36. Which of the following statements can best be supported by the information shown on the map above?