Dissimilarities in the Scholarly Domain. Blake Bartling Hanover College. Past Research / Findings. On average, athletes have higher GPA’s in-season than out-of season (Laughlin, 1978) Increased levels of time management result in an increased GPA (Misra, 2000)
- Small Midwestern College
- 101 student athletes
- 60 male and 41 female
- 97 participants were Caucasian, 2 were Asian, and 2 were African American
- 35 freshmen, 29 sophomores, 22 juniors, and 25 seniors
- 1 = strongly agree to 4 = strongly disagree
- sample question: On the whole, I am satisfied with myself.
- 1 = Always to 5 = Never
- sample question: I have trouble organizing the things I have to do.
- What was your GPA last semester?
- Are you a male or female? M F
- Name the sport you participate in
- What is your ethnicity?
- What class are you in?
* p < .01