MEXICAN REAL ESTATE PURCHASES BY NON-MEXICANS. Robert R. Hendry Florida Bar Board Certified International Attorney Hendry, Stoner, DeLancett & Brown, P.A. 20 N. Orange Avenue, Suite 600 Orlando, FL 32801 Tel: 407-843-5880 Fax: 407-425-7905 E-mail: [email protected]
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Therefore. . .
Gringo Gulch in Puerto Vallarta, where foreigners who had inadvertently purchased land claimed as and then determined to be Ejido Land, were assisted by the President of Mexico who got funds from the foreigners, used that to buy other land which he then traded with the Ejido Community with some arm twisting.OTHER CAVEATS
- The Notario, as in a direct closing, determines the Title is proper.
- The Notario determines the taxes and closing costs and assures that they are paid.
- The Notario records the Deed in the Public Record.RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY
Notario - Handles the balance of the closing.
(A Notario is first an attorney before being appointed as a Notario. This is a position much different from a U.S. Notary Public. Actually, the Notario is, in a way, between a Clerk of Court or County Registrar of Documents and a Judge. They make the determinations on the legitimacy of the Title.)THE CLOSING NOT IN TRUST
- Search Public Records, verify Title and determine that there are no liens.
- Collect all Transfer taxes and property taxes.
- If in a subdivision, determine that it is in good order.
- If the property is not residential, and the closing is therefore in a corporation, determine that the corporation is properly formed and validly existing.THE CLOSING NOT IN TRUST
Does not include agrarian efforts
A determination can be secured from the Ministry of Foreign Relations. If they do not respond within 10-days, the decision automatically defaults to business.
Within the Restricted Zone, a corporation with a permit from the Ministry of Foreign Relations, can be used to purchase business land instead of a trust.BUSINESS PROPERTY
Inmigrante Rentista (FM-2) leads to Inmigrado after 5 years.
Harder to get, requires more income.
Inmigrado - After 5 years of FM-2. All citizen rights but voting.
Work Permits are available with a great deal of paperwork.VISAS
- Closing is similar to a Land Transaction
- There is a five (5) day rescission period to protect the buyer, which cannot be waived.
- As in the U.S., be sure to see all the documents and have them checked carefully. Get a Certified English Language version unless your mother tongue is Mexican Spanish or you dream in Spanish.TIME SHARES