transfer workshop n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Transfer Workshop PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Transfer Workshop

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 13

Transfer Workshop - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

  • Uploaded on

Transfer Workshop. International Student center Pasadena city college. Eligibility for Transferring. You must maintain your F-1 status. You must be admitted by the school you plan to transfer to, and your new program must begin within 5 months of your last day of class at PCC.

I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Transfer Workshop' - jeneil

An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
transfer workshop

Transfer Workshop

International Student center Pasadena city college

eligibility for transferring
Eligibility for Transferring
  • You must maintain your F-1 status.
  • You must be admitted by the school you plan to transfer to, and your new program must begin within 5 months of your last day of class at PCC.
  • If you are on OPT, the new program must begin within 5 months of the end of OPT.
  • Transferring of your SEVIS record must be completeno later than 60 days after your I-20 program end-date.
what next
What Next?
  • I have been admitted to another school, and plan to transfer out…
    • Now What?
what to provide isc
What to Provide ISC
  • Submit the following documents to the International Student Center:
    • A copy of your acceptance letter
    • Completed Transfer Out Request Form.
    • **Your new school may also give you its own transfer form to be completed by our office.
    • Please indicate the release date on the transfer out form.
      • Release date should be AFTER you complete all PCC courses.
after documents are submitted
After Documents Are Submitted
  • Once you submit the Transfer Out Form and a copy of the admissions letter, the ISC will review your documents and verify that you are in status.
  • Since the review process can take up to 10 business days, please submit your request as early as possible.  
what s next
What’s Next?
  • If approved, your SEVIS record will be released to the new school.
  • The new school will then be responsible for issuing a new I-20 for you. Please contact your new school for next steps.
changed your mind about transferring
Changed Your Mind About Transferring?
  • If you change your mind about transferring you must contact the ISC immediately. If you decide to transfer to a different school, or if you decide not to transfer at all, the ISC will be able to cancel the transfer request as long as it is BEFORE the release date.
  • If the release date has passed, the ISC will not be able to make any changes. You will need to contact the DSO at the school that you have been transferred to.
conditional acceptance
Conditional Acceptance
  • Be aware of a “conditional” acceptance.
  • We will not transfer your SEVIS record if your acceptance letter states that it is conditional – once acceptance is finalized, you may then request a transfer out.
  • Continue to maintain good grades during your final semester – you risk having your acceptance withdrawn if you do not perform well during your final semester.
travel while between schools
Travel While Between Schools
  • If you plan to travel outside the U.S., make sure you plan accordingly to your transfer.
  • You must reenter the U.S. with an I-20 from the school that holds your SEVIS record.
  • Once your SEVIS record is released to a new school, you must coordinate your travel with the new school as they will be responsible for issuing your new I-20.
do you need a new visa
Do you need a new visa?
  • You do not have to apply for a new F-1 visa even if the name of the new school is not on your current UNEXPIRED visa. However, if your F-1 visa is expired or you don't have an F-1 visa in your passport (Change of Status students) and you plan to travel outside the U.S., you need to apply for a new F-1 visa to re-enter the U.S.
applying for fall 2015 but completing studies fall 2014
Applying for Fall 2015, but completing studies Fall 2014
  • What if I am applying for Fall 2015, but I am completing my studies this Fall 2014?
  • Options:
    • Enroll full time for Spring 2015 (speak to an academic counselor to see if there are any additional classes that you can take that may transfer to your new school) – be aware that you may need to request an extension on your I-20
    • Apply for OPT - Optional Practical Training will provide you with the opportunity to get practical experience related to your studies before transferring.
  • Maintain your status
  • Turn in documents to the ISC on time
    • A copy of your acceptance letter
    • Completed Transfer Out Request Form
  • Know for sure if you plan to transfer. If you change your mind at the last minute, it may be too late to cancel the transfer.
  • If you plan to travel, know which I-20 to reenter the U.S. with.
  • Please fill out the Transfer Workshop Survey before you leave.
  • This will help the International Student Center to improve its informational workshops.

Thank You