How Nutrition Can Help You Meet Your Goals. By Nathaniel & Justin. Benefits of Good Nutrition. The effect of nutrition on disease and health has been noted since 1900 Healthy habits are rewarding: Have more energy Feel better daily Look healthier
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
By Nathaniel & Justin
- Carbohydrates are the energy source for your bodies functions
Best types are those with low glycemic indexes:
-These are carbs that release energy slowly
-Provide lengthened energy
-Gives a ‘full’ feeling for longer
-Has been shown to fight obesity
-LGI foods include things like fruits, whole grains, vegetables, nuts ect.
- Proteins are the building blocks of your body
- With increased protein intake you build muscle
- Increased muscle mass leads to a higher metabolism or being able to
burn calories at an increased rate
- Building muscle is useful twice over because it helps to fight obesity
and it improves performance
- Most commonly used performance enhancer
- Effective at keeping you less tired
- 1.36 to 2.72 milligrams per pound is most effective for performance
- More fruits and vegetables
- low calories, filling, can reduce need for other snacks
- Feeling Sad:
- Alpha-linolenic acid foods which include many nuts
- Feeling Stress:
- Stick to a well planned meal instead of comfort food
- Feeling Sluggish:
- Drink water or watery foods to prevent even minor dehydration
-"The Stimulating Truth." Bicycling Dec. 2013: 020. Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Collection. Web. 10 Feb. 2014.
-Girdwain, Jessica. "The good-mood diet." Spirituality & Health Magazine Mar.-Apr. 2014: 36+. General OneFile. Web. 26 Feb. 2014.