The Many Pathways To Recovery. Victor S. Braatz-ADS Executive Director Recovery Network Inc.
Victor S. Braatz-ADS
Recovery Network Inc.
Many thanks to those professionals who are integrating Recovery Oriented Systems of Care into our health model. Particularly Jack G. Jesse Ph.D. and William White, MA, who’s research and practices were critical in the development of this presemtation.
“The roads to recovery are many and that the resolution of alcoholism by any method should be a cause for celebration by A.A. members”
Advantages and Disadvantages of Mutual Aid Groups
Look to the web for education, help and resources
1. develop a better understanding of their drug/alcohol issues
2. learn from positive role models
3. Better comply with treatment and sanctions
4. Better understand the impact their use caused on relationships, family, friends, employers and society
1. The colorful history of the Recovery/Mutual aid movement in the United States
2. A look a cultural influence’s along the way
1. Recovery Oriented Systems of Care
2. Recovery Mentors- trained peer helpers
3. Recovery Community Organizations
4. Building Recovery Capital
2. Health, Nutrition and Exercise
3. Smoking cessation
5. Auricular acupuncture
6. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)