TECHNICAL SKILLS. Writing process. - Read the facts carefully and look for the issues in the Moot Problem - Preliminary research - Building arguments outline - Deeper research develop the arguments - Starting to write: First draft (not write in the order of the parts in memo)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Read the facts carefully and look for the issues in the Moot Problem
- Preliminary research
- Building arguments outline
- Deeper research develop the arguments
- Starting to write:
- Editing and formatting the documents: make use of the word-processing software.
Table of authorites
Table of content
Statements of jurisdiction
Statement of facts
Summary of pleadings
Prayer for relief
- Which MS Word to choose? 2007 and later
- Spelling, Synonyms and Thesaurus: Check all
- File Naming: C/R – (Author/Team Number)(section)(Date)(Note)
Eg. [C] – F1010 [sub1][04.5.2013][final]
- Page layout: size A4
- How to quote case law, legislation, journal articles, books, internet materials -> Footnote, FN
1. Author, title of the book (publisher, edition number, year of publication)
2. Black’s Law Dictionary, 1351 (9th ed.2009).
3. Id. at 1355.
4. Black Law’s Dictionary, supra note 2, at 1426.
5. Schwendeman v. Wallenstein, 971 F.2d 313, 316 (9th Cir.1992).
6. Telestop Pte. Ltd. v Telecom Equipment Pte. Ltd.  SGHC 267 (Sing.).
- Id/Ibib (ibidem): the same as the preceding reference.
- Supra note X: the same as the note X (earlier- cited but not preceding one)
- See (See also): indicates that the cited authority constitutes additional material that supports the proposition
- Punctuation Order: “a,”13; b.14
- Table of Authorities (TOA)
Built-in PDF Exporting in Word 2007 and later
Tittle of the act, Art.
1. The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights 1966, Art. 18.
2. Regulation 31/m-dag/per/8/2008 of the Minniste of Trade of the Republic of Indonesia dated August 21, 2008 regarding Franchising, Art. 5
Party name v. Party name, the publish source (court & year) (other information), prior & subsequent history
Eg. United States v. MacDonald, 531 F.2d 196, 199-200 (4th Cir. 1976) (resting review of the dispositive issue in the principle of judicial economy), rev’d, 435 U.S. 850 (1987).
Author, title, page/section cited (edition, publisher & date)
Eg. Francis A. Carey, Organic Chemistry 310 (6th ed. 2006)
**Style: Book title
Author, Titles, date and time, URL (last visited …)
Eg. Carlos M. Correa, Implementation of the WTO General Council decision on Paragraph 6 of the Doha Declaration on the TRIPS Agreement and Public Health, 2004, http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/pdf/s6159e/s6159e.pdf (last visited 24th August 2010)
Author(s), Title, Periodical Name, page on which article begin, pages cited (year) (*).
Author(s), Title, Periodical Name, Date of Issue, at Page.
1. Charles A.Reich, The New Property, 73 Yale L.J. 733, 737-38 (1964).
2. Rachel Williams, Council Found Liable for Birth Defects, Med. L. Rev., Wed. 29, 2009, at 2.