p2600 hardcopy device and system security october 2005 working group meeting l.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
P2600 Hardcopy Device and System Security October 2005 Working Group Meeting PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
P2600 Hardcopy Device and System Security October 2005 Working Group Meeting

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 28

P2600 Hardcopy Device and System Security October 2005 Working Group Meeting - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 365 Views
  • Uploaded on

P2600 Hardcopy Device and System Security October 2005 Working Group Meeting Don Wright Director of Standards Lexmark International don@lexmark.com Agenda Items Monday/Tuesday, October 24/25 Welcome & Introductions Update and Approve Agenda Review and approve September Minutes

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'P2600 Hardcopy Device and System Security October 2005 Working Group Meeting' - jana


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
p2600 hardcopy device and system security october 2005 working group meeting

P2600Hardcopy Device and System SecurityOctober 2005 Working Group Meeting

Don Wright

Director of Standards

Lexmark International

don@lexmark.com

agenda items
Agenda Items
  • Monday/Tuesday, October 24/25
    • Welcome & Introductions
    • Update and Approve Agenda
    • Review and approve September Minutes
    • IEEE Patent Policy Review
    • 2005 Meeting Schedule
    • 2006 Meeting Schedule
    • Update on TCG
    • Update on INCITS CS1 Working Group
    • Review of Action Items from September Meeting
    • Other Topics from e-mail, other
agenda items3
Agenda Items
  • Monday/Tuesday, October 24/25
    • Document Review: Clauses 1-8, High Security PP
      • From Submitted Comments
      • Others
    • Document Review: Enterprise PP
    • Document Review: SoHo PP
    • Document Review: Public PP
    • CC V3 changes from ICCC2005
    • Other items
    • Next meeting details
    • Summarize and record action items
minutes from september meeting
Minutes from September Meeting
  • Minutes were published shortly after the meeting.
  • They are available at:http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/2600/minutes/P2600-minutes-Sep2005.pdf
  • Any corrections or changes?
instructions for the wg chair
Instructions for the WG Chair
  • At Each Meeting, the Working Group Chair shall:
  • Show slides #1 and #2 of this presentation
  • Advise the WG membership that:
    • The IEEE’s patent policy is consistent with the ANSI patent policy and is described in Clause 6 of the IEEE-SA Standards Board Bylaws;
    • Early disclosure of patents which may be essential for the use of standards under development is encouraged;
    • Disclosures made of such patents may not be exhaustive of all patents that may be essential for the use of standards under development, and that neither the IEEE, the WG, nor the WG Chairman ensure the accuracy or completeness of any disclosure or whether any disclosure is of a patent that, in fact, may be essential for the use of standards under development.
  • Instruct the WG Secretary to record in the minutes of the relevant WG meeting:
    • That the foregoing advice was provided and the two slides were shown;
    • That an opportunity was provided for WG members to identify or disclose patents that the WG member believes may be essential for the use of that standard;
    • Any responses that were given, specifically the patents and patent applications that were identified (if any) and by whom.

(Not necessary to be shown)

Approved by IEEE-SA Standards Board – March 2003 (Revised March 2005)

ieee sa standards board bylaws on patents in standards
IEEE-SA Standards Board Bylaws on Patents in Standards

6. Patents

IEEE standards may include the known use of essential patents and patent applications provided the IEEE receives assurance from the patent holder or applicant with respect to patents whose infringement is, or in the case of patent applications, potential future infringement the applicant asserts will be, unavoidable in a compliant implementation of either mandatory or optional portions of the standard [essential patents]. This assurance shall be provided without coercion and prior to approval of the standard (or reaffirmation when a patent or patent application becomes known after initial approval of the standard). This assurance shall be a letter that is in the form of either:

a) A general disclaimer to the effect that the patentee will not enforce any of its present or future patent(s) whose use would be required to implement either mandatory or optional portions of the proposed IEEE standard against any person or entity complying with the standard; or

b) A statement that a license for such implementation will be made available without compensation or under reasonable rates, with reasonable terms and conditions that are demonstrably free of any unfair discrimination.

This assurance shall apply, at a minimum, from the date of the standard's approval to the date of the standard's withdrawal and is irrevocable during that period.

Slide #1

Approved by IEEE-SA Standards Board – March 2003 (Revised March 2005)

inappropriate topics for ieee wg meetings
Inappropriate Topics for IEEE WG Meetings
  • Don’t discuss the validity/essentiality of patents/patent claims
  • Don’t discuss the cost of specific patent use
  • Don’t discuss licensing terms or conditions
  • Don’t discuss product pricing, territorial restrictions, or market share
  • Don’t discuss ongoing litigation or threatened litigation
  • Don’t be silent if inappropriate topics are discussed… do formally object.If you have questions, contact the IEEE-SA Standards Board Patent Committee Administrator at patcom@ieee.org or visit http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/index.htmlThis slide set is available at http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/pat-slideset.ppt

Slide #2

Approved by IEEE-SA Standards Board – March 2003 (Revised March 2005)

officers
Officers
  • Chair: Don Wright, Lexmark
  • Vice Chair: Lee Farrell, Canon
  • Secretary/Lead Editor: Brian Smithson, Ricoh
2005 meeting schedule
2005 Meeting Schedule
  • Dec 13-14 -- San Diego
    • Hewlett-PackardRancho Bernardo, CA (north of San Diego)
2006 meeting schedule proposal
2006 Meeting Schedule Proposal
  • January 16-17 (Las Vegas – tentative)
  • March 2-3 (Ricoh checking on Lanier ATL facility)
  • April 3-4, Mount Laurel, NJ (near Philly) @ Okidata
  • May 23-24 (Océ checking on Paris)
  • June 19-20, Boulder CO @ IBM
  • July 26-27 (Rochester, NY – tentative)
  • September 6-7 (Portland/Vancouver – Sharp – tentative)
  • October 23-24, Lexington KY @ Lexmark
  • December 11-12 (Canon, Orange County – tentative)
group general action items
Group General Action Items
  • Update web site with September meetings results/contents - done
    • Slides, Minutes, Action Items, Comment Resolution
  • Update web site with October meeting details - done
  • Update web site with preliminary December meeting details – done
  • Tell Carmen we’re moving to CC V3. – done
  • Edits to Clauses 1-8 before October Meeting – partial
  • Conversion of E & HS PP by October meeting – partial
  • Results from initial discussions with Labs (Cybuck/Sukert/Wright) – partial
project schedule from sept meeting
Project Schedule from Sept Meeting
  • The PAR included estimates of the end-points of the schedule:
    • Initial ballot through IEEE (Lab get this as well)
    • Do needed recircs to get close
    • Run through the lab
    • Recirc the lab’s final changes if any
  • Turn around the clause 1-8 changes beforeh Oct Meeting
  • HS & E PP by October meeting
  • Two full days in Chicago to get docs in shape.
  • Get SOHO and Public caught up by December meeting.
  • Form IEEE Ballot Body in 1Q06
action items from previous meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
  • Review entries in P2600-action-items excel spreadsheet
  • Any immediately obvious additions?
validation of pps from september
Validation of PPs – from September
  • Do we need a lab? -- Yes, based on Peter’s NIAP discussion.
  • Quoting process…. Which labs?
    • CSC (resources to do both cleanup and validation) (Alan)
    • SAIC (both) (Peter)
    • COACT (maybe) (Don  Thrasher)
    • Maybe others
  • All PPs through one lab – package deal.
  • Who will manage the interaction with the lab?
    • Peter can help get it started
    • Don & Brian S. will be contacts for the lab.
  • How will it be funded?
    • Pass the hat?
    • Any possibility of gov’t funding? -- probably not
document section status
Document Section Status

Other Editors Needed/Assigned:

  • Clause 1 & 4 – Don W.
  • Clause 2 & Bibliography & Informative References – Don W.
  • Clause 3 (definitions) -- Alan Sukert, Xerox
  • Clause 5 (environments) – Peter C.
  • Clause 6 (assets) – Brian V.
  • Clause 7 (threats) – Jerry T.
  • Clause 8 (mitigation) – Tom H.
  • Enterprise PP -- Ron Nevo
  • HS PP – Brian Smithson
  • SoHo PP - Carmen Aubry
  • Public PP - Nancy Chen
  • Other Annexes - Smithson
document review
Document Review
  • Review Comments on Draft per Comments Database
    • Clauses 1 - 8
    • High Security PP (version 13a)
    • Other Annexes
document review enterprise pp
Document Review: Enterprise PP
  • Review Draft number 13a
    • Any comments submitted?
    • Meeting comments
    • CCv3 document at December Meeting
document review soho pp
Document Review: SoHo PP
  • Review Draft number 12a
    • No new draft
    • Any comments submitted?
    • Meeting comments
    • CCv3 document at December Meeting
public pp
Public PP
  • What is schedule?
    • Public PP: Nancy Chen
    • We decided at the September meeting to wait until we have CC V3 version of HS/E/SOHO PP before doing this one.
    • CCv3 document at December Meeting
reminder managing the process going forward
Reminder: Managing the Process Going Forward
  • Going forward we must manage the discussion and changes to the document.
  • For the following components of the standard, we will have no “random” discussions. All proposed changes MUST be on the e-mail reflector at least one week before the meeting including specific changes requested.
    • Clauses 1 through 8
    • High Security PP
  • The SoHo and Public PPs will be added to the controlled list as they mature.
next meeting details
Next Meeting Details
  • December 13-14
    • Where: San Diego/Rancho Bernardo, CA
        • HP San Diego16399 West Bernardo DriveSan Diego, CA 92027-1899
    • Nearby Hotels
        • Marriott Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
        • Radisson Suite Hotel Rancho Bernardo
        • Rancho Bernardo Inn
        • Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Rancho Bernardo
        • Doubletree Golf Resort San Diego
action items for december
Action Items for December
  • Shooting for a merged document at December meeting
mailing list and web site
Mailing List and Web Site
  • Web Site: http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/2600
  • Mailing list:
    • Listserv run by the IEEE
    • An archive is available on the web site
    • Subscribe via a note to: listserv@listserv.ieee.orgcontaining the line:subscribe stds-2600
    • Only subscribers may send e-mail to the mailing list.

No Change