Reinsurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018 Browse Complete Report –http://www.aarkstore.com/insurance/81991/reinsurance-in-belgium-key-trends-and-opportunities-to-2018 Category : Insurance
Summary The gross written premium of the Belgian reinsurance segment increased at a CAGR of 1.9% during the review period (2009–2013). The global financial crisis in 2009 and rising sovereign debt in the country and other EU member states kept growth subdued. Solvency II legislation is a fundamental reform of capital adequacy requirements and risk management, and is expected to be a framework for insurance regulation worldwide. It is currently scheduled for implementation by EU member states, including Belgium, in January 2016. The directive is projected to lead to higher capital requirements, forcing firms to seek help from reinsurers. Such initiatives are expected to drive growth in the Belgian reinsurance segment over the forecast period (2013–2018).
Synopsis The Reinsurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Belgian reinsurance segment, including: • The Belgian reinsurance segments growth prospects by reinsurance category • Key trends and drivers for the reinsurance segment • The Belgian reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance • The competitive landscape in the Belgian reinsurance segment
Key Highlights • Reinsurance in Belgium grew during the review period: its written premium increased in 2013, at a review-period CAGR of 1.9% . • The treaty reinsurance category accounted for 75.4% of the reinsurance premium in 2013, while the facultative reinsurance category accounted for the remaining 24.6%. • The Belgian reinsurance segment is small compared to other EU member states. It is also highly competitive, and contains a number of leading multinational reinsurers. • In 2011, the European court of justice ruled that premiums and benefits should be the same for both men and women, in line with Belgian anti-discrimination law. • Belgian non-life insurers ceded the highest level to reinsurance of the three main primary insurance segments in 2013. • The Reinsurance Act 2009, implemented in Belgium in February 2009, stipulates minimum guarantee capital, change of ownership and solvency margins for reinsurers operating in the country, with the aim of achieving financial soundness.
Reasons To Buy • Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Belgian reinsurance segment and each sector within it • Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Belgian reinsurance segment • Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories • Gain insights into key regulations governing the Belgian insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industrys future
Table Of Content 1 Key Facts and Events 2 Executive Summary 3 Introduction 3.1 What is this Report About? 3.2 Definitions 3.3 Methodology 4 Belgian Insurance Industry Attractiveness 4.1 Insurance Industry Size, 2009–2018 5 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges 5.1 Reinsurance Segment Size, 2009–2018 5.2 Reinsurance Segment Size by Premium Ceded, 2009–2018 6 Key Trends and Drivers 6.1 Fundamental Business Drivers 6.2 Life Insurance Drivers 6.3 Non-Life Insurance Drivers 6.4 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Drivers 7 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights 7.1 Overview 7.2 Leading Companies in the Belgian Reinsurance Segment 7.3 Secura Re NV – Company Overview 7.3.1 Secura Re NV – key facts
Related Reports • Property Insurance in the Philippines to 2018: Market Databook • Life Insurance Premiums and Claims in the Philippines to 2018: Market Brief • Non-Life Insurance Premiums and Claims in Iceland to 2018: Market Brief • Reinsurance in Congo to 2018: Market Brief • Life Insurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018 • Life Insurance Investments in the Philippines to 2018: Market Databook • Motor Insurance in the Philippines to 2018: Market Databook • Personal Accident and Health Insurance Investments in the Philippines to 2018: Market Databook • Non-Life Insurance Premiums and Claims in India to 2018: Market Brief • Reinsurance in Iceland to 2018: Market Brief
Reinsurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018 Published: Dec 2014 : 77 Pages The gross written premium of the Belgian reinsurance segment increased at a CAGR of 1.9% during the review period (2009–2013). The global financial crisis in 2009 and rising sovereign debt in the country and other EU member states kept growth subdued.