Ms. Elmore English 8 Room 6. About Me. 1. Ms. Elmore is a proud aunt and teacher. 2. She graduated from the University of Alabama with a MA in Language Arts last month. She enjoys reading and learning new things. 4. She has two silly cats, Kino and Pixar.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
English 8 Room 6
1. Ms. Elmore is a proud aunt and teacher.
2. She graduated from the University of
Alabama with a MA in Language Arts last month.
4. She has two silly cats, Kino and Pixar.
1. We want to be successful.
2. We need to turn all of our procedures into routines.
3. We want to have a safe and fun class.
We rarely raise hands in this classroom.
I will use the equity cards to call on people for answers.
I will tell you when you may turn and talk with your partner.
I will tell you when you may talk freely as a group during group work.
Otherwise, you do not have permission to speak out.
This semester, you will not be warned to stop speaking out without permission. I will just write you up for defiance.
1. Be Preparedby bringing all of your materials to work, by being on time for class, and by being in your seat when class begins.
2. Be Respectfulto yourself, your teacher, your classmates, and to all classroom visitors by following the rules and having a positive attitude. Negative people are hateful and no one really wants to be around them.Two Keys to Success in this Room
Do not speak without permission.
Do not get up without permission.
Do not enter or exit the room without permission.
Keep your hands and all other items to yourself.
1st Time =
Break or PE Detention
2nd Time =
Free School Supplies
Are you keeping up with these notes?
Rulestell you what is expected of you and have consequences when broken.
2. What is a procedure?A procedure tells you how to do something step by step until it becomes a routine.
3. What is a routine?
A routine is doing something everyday on your own without me telling you to do it.
1. What do drivers do at a red light?
2. What do drivers do at a green light?
3.What will happen if we had no procedures
for driving on the street?
Cars would cr_________sh!
Everyone will know what to do.
We’ll have more time to learn.
This will be a safe place.
We will make better grades.
1. DO NOT enter the classroom if a
teacher is not present
2. Wait quietly in a line in the hallway until I give you permission to enter and go to your seat.
3. Keep the noise level down when entering or leaving the classroom.
4. Do not get up to leave until you are dismissed.
Take out your pencil/pen and tablet.
Begin your Starter assignment right away. It will be written on the whiteboard, on PowerPoint, or handed to you as you enter.
Hand the late pass to me, take your seat, and catch up as quickly as you can.
You must report to the office and return with a tardy slip.
You must be in your seat when class begins to be counted as “on time”.
Complete any work that you owe me.
Read a novel for your accelerated reading (AR) points. You must get at least ten points a week. This is a test grade.
Do not start socializing. It will negatively affect your grade.
Do Not . . .
Ask to throw something away or sharpen a pencil; do these things before class begins.
Ask to leave the room for any reason. The answer will always be NO.
Interrupt the speaker to complain about work or the temperature.
Yawn loudly, because that is rude.
Talk without permission.
Always bring more than one writing utensil to class.
Sharpen your pencil BEFORE class.
Be in your seat before I begin class.
1. Continue doing your work.
2. If you are working in a group, keep the
You will always have the
option to work alone.
Work in groups
Ask your team members for help first.
Work with a teacher (when possible).
Whatever you choose you must do it quietly without distracting others.
Verify that you wrote down any homework assignments.
Verify that you have all your materials. You are not allowed to re-enter the classroom if you forget something.
Clean up your space (desk & floor). I will not dismiss you if the class is not in order, and I will not grant late passes for this.
Wait quietly until I dismiss you even if the bell rings or if the next class is outside.
DO NOT BEGIN SOCIALIZING.
Show me your excuse. If it is an excused absence, you have two days for each day that you missed to complete work.
It is your responsibility to get your work.
You can also check our class website online. [See next slide]
I was absent on May 4 & 5. I returned to school on May 6. I have two days worth of work to make up. I have four days to turn in my work. My work is due May 10.
I will listen to you.
I will respect you.
I will teach you to the best of my abilities.