Scientific Creative Writing Project. Ms. Childers May 2007. The Big6 Research Process. #1 Task Definition #2 Information Seeking Strategies #3 Location & Access #4 Use of Information #5 Synthesis #6 Evaluation. The Big6 Research Process. #1 Task Definition
(GJHS Library Home Page)
1. Anyone can publish "information.“
2. There is no complete list of web sites.
3. There are no official organizers, catalogers, or evaluators.
4. Sites constantly change; new sites are constantly created; and sites often disappear.
5. Finally, there are no standards for web search tools.
Who wrote, created or published the information?
Can you clearly identify the credentials of the creator? If yes, list credentials. Is contact info for the creator provided? (mail, phone, etc?)
Can the information be verified?
Whose web site is this?
Domain name… dot what? (edu, com, org, etc.)
Edwards, I.E.S. “Mummy.” Academic American Encyclopedia. 1993 ed.
Putnam, James. Mummy. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1994.
Unwrap the Mummy. The Learning Channel. January 15,2002. <http://www. discovery. com/highspeed/tlc/ mummies>