Disability inclusion in DRR. Experiences from Save the Children. Children In a Changing Climate Coalition.
Experiences from Save the Children
The five points identified by the children include:
1) Schools must be safe and education must not be interrupted
2) Child protection must be a priority before, during and after a disaster
3) Children have the right to participate and to access the information they need
4) Community infrastructure must be safe, and relief and reconstruction must help reduce future risk
5) Disaster Risk Reduction must reach the most vulnerable people