“The Most Dangerous Game”. “The Most Dangerous Game” pp 19-36. Plot : t he events/circumstances that make up a story Exposition- The introductory material which gives the setting, creates the tone, presents the characters, and presents other facts necessary to understanding the story .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
With a partner, arrange the plot events from the homework reading in chronological order. Please do not write on the “list of events” sheet.
1. Rainsford is on a yacht bound for the Amazon. K
2. Rainsford talks with Whitney about "ship-trap" island. N3. The sea is the Caribbean Sea. C4. We find out Rainsford is a big game hunter. S5. Whitney muses on his thought of the "game." T
1. Rainsford loses his balance and falls into the sea. D
2. Zaroff tells Rainsford that he is bored with hunting most animals. L
3. Zaroff tells Rainsford he hunts the most dangerous prey: man. A
4. Zaroff shows Rainsford how he traps ships with lights that indicate a channel. Q
5. Zaroff asks Rainsford to join him in hunting his prey. J
6. Rainsford refuses to join Zaroff in hunting. M7. Zaroff stands below Rainsford (who’s up a tree), smiles, and moves on. F8. Rainsford builds a Malay man-catcher. O9. Rainsford builds a Burmese Tiger Pit. R10. Zaroff loses one of his best dogs. P11. Zaroff uses the dogs to hunt Rainsford. E12. Rainsford kills Ivan. G13. Rainsford leaps off of a cliff into the sea. B14. Zaroff thinks that Rainsford’s dead. H
1. Rainsford confronts Zaroff in his bedroom. U
Rainsfordhas never slept in a more comfortable bed. I