INTERNATIONAL DUAL DEGREE PROGRAM Presented by Wei-Jao Chen, MD.MPH.DMSc. President of National Taiwan University June 25th, 2004 Introduction The aim of this program The Requirements The content of the agreements Cultural Studies Current Progress Future Prospect Conclusion
Wei-Jao Chen, MD.MPH.DMSc.
President of National Taiwan University
June 25th, 2004
NTU has established this program officially
since 2002. The main purpose
of the program is to
1. Cultivate more internationalized students
2. Activate the academic cooperation
The participants of this program have to fulfill the
following requirements of a certain period of time to
pursue their academic studies before and after going
1. Students with bachelor program will have to pursue academic studies of bachelor program in NTU at least four semesters
2. Students with Master program will have to fulfill the requirements in NTU at least two semesters
3. Students with PhD program will have to pursue academic studies of PhD in NTU at least four semesters
I. The content of the general agreement
(forbachelor, master, PhDprogram) between two universities includes the following:
1. Eligibility of application
2. Evaluation standard
3. Design of linked curriculums
4. Credit transfer
5. Period of study
6. Degrees offering
7. Academic status management of registration
8. Fees submission and quota
9. Guideline of amendment and termination of the agreement
10. Common instruction agreement of master and PhD dissertation
II. Common instruction agreement of the master and PhD dissertation should consist the following:
1. Name of the postgraduate
2. Name of instructing professors
3. Theme of the thesis
4. Period of study in both universities
5. Language used for writing the dissertation
6. Constitution of Degree Examination Committee and methods of proceeding interview
7. Presentation and copy rights of master and PhD dissertation
8. Guideline of amendment an termination of the agreement
The importance of the culture and local
1. Nominated two PhD. Students to our partner school, l’universite Josepah Fourier (Grenoble 1st) the result of the program is fabulous.
a. These two students will receive PhD from both
b. This program has strengthen and activated the
academic exchanges link between the two school
2. We are discussing with some prestigious universities over the world aggressively, such as Waseda University in Japan, and University of Wales Bangor in England.
1. The dual degree program is one step further from the regular exchange student program, which provides the students another great chance to study abroad.
2. The students may gain both the professional knowledge and abundant culture experience.
3. That may definitely lead and assist them to realize the idea of global village of the 21st Century.
For the sake of more internationalized students, we recommend and encourage APRU member universities to implement
the dual degree program, which will
enhance the academic cooperation and exchanges of the higher education internationalization.