Automatic Standby Generators. Installed By ---- H-D Electric. Heightened Awareness. 50 Million without power: Aug 14, 2003 Northeast Blackout 4 Million without power: Hurricane Isabel In 2003 more than one in 5 Americans were without power over 8 hours
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Installed By ---- H-D Electric
Areas with: - High Population Growth - Power Failure Hotspots - High Storm Potential
Thousands of MW
% of Avg. Peak Demand
Source: North American Electric Reliability Council
• The automatic transfer switch monitors incoming voltage from the utility line.
• When utility power is interrupted, the automatic transfer switch immediately senses the problem and signals the generator to start.
• The automatic transfer switch then safely closes off the utility line and simultaneously opens a new power line from the generator.
• Within seconds your home standby system begins supplying electricity to your critical emergency circuits. The transfer switch continues to monitor the utility line conditions.
• When the automatic transfer switch senses the utility voltage has returned at a steady state it re-transfers the electrical load back to the utility line and resumes monitoring for future utility loss. The engine continues to run for a cool down period of several minutes while the entire system stands ready for the next power outage.
Pre-packaged system includes:
• Automatic transfer switch with built-in load center
• 30 ft., 5 ft. & 2 ft. pre-wired conduits
• Outdoor connection box
• Flexible fuel line
• Composite mounting pad
Steel enclosure (tan)
Aluminum enclosure (gray)
7kW / 10kW / 13kW / 16kW
*10/8.5kW: - starts 3 ton AC with 4kW of auxiliary load
13/13kW: - starts 4 ton AC with 5kW of auxiliary load
16/15kW: - starts 5 ton AC (or two 4 ton AC units) with 7kW of auxiliary load
20kW / 25kW / 35kW / 45kW
Ideal for protecting larger homes or a small business
GUARDIAN vs. Competition
Whisper-Test™ feature - reduces noise by 50% during the generator’s weekly self-test cycle. The generator starts up and operates at a reduced speed, lowering sound output by as much as 12 decibels for units that normally run at higher speeds under load. This allows for near silent operation in test mode and satisfies all know sound ordinances.
dB(A): Subjective loudness of a sound doubles for every 10 decibel increase
(OHVI) Overhead Valve Industrial Engine
30 HP / 990cc
Designed for generators, not lawnmowers
• 85% of portable generator purchases are in anticipation of an emergency
The Home Standby Market has now eclipsed the portable market.
Home Standby Market