Flood Plain Management 2050. Buffalo District Planning Conference. 6 August 2009. Gilbert F. White. ASFPM Foundation Forums. The First Assembly of the Forum, September 2004, "Is The 1% Chance Flood Standard Sufficient?" The Second Assembly, November 2007, "Floodplain Management 2050".
6 August 2009
2. Flood Abatement (watershed management
3. Flood Protection (levees, channels, etc.)
4. Emergency Measures
5. Structural Alterations (floodproofing, codes)
6. Land use (zoning)
7. Relief (public or private)
8. Insurance (indemnification)
and Adjacent Loads
in Government Programs
3. Restore and Enhance the Natural, Beneficial Functions of Riverine and Coastal Areas.
5. Identify Risks and Resources and Communicate at Public and Individual Levels
5. Identify Risks and Resources and Communicate at Public and Individual Levels (cont.)
What Will The Headlines Be?
Are a Vital Key
National Nonstructural Flood Proofing Committee