Coral Structure and Function II. Primary Production Benthic Cnidaria Atoll analysis 1. Calcareous red algae 2. Calcareous green algae ( Halimeda ) 3. Foraminifera ( 20-40 m protists, porous CaCO 3 shell ) 4. Corals Coral polyp – predacious Endosymbiont – zooxanthellae.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Calcareousred algae
2. Calcareousgreen algae (Halimeda)
3. Foraminifera (20-40m protists, porous CaCO3 shell)
and growth habit
Adjacent colonies have same or similar Symbiodinium populations.
1. open (or indirect) transmission or acquisition
2. closed (or direct) transmission or acquisition
- via gametes or
- during asexual reproduction
small changes in N
Davy et al: Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev. June 2012 vol. 76 no. 2 229-261
4.1 - 14.6 gC/m2/d