REDIRECTION PROGRAM. Portland Public Schools. MISSION STATEMENT. At Redirection, we strive to: Utilize ISD to support all students Reduce overrepresentation of minority students who are referred to special education.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Portland Public Schools
At Redirection, we strive to:
- BAST team (detailed description on next slides) support for Tier 2 & 3 general education students.
- Evaluation / Stabilization
- Interim setting for SPED students
- District wide Home Instruction (gen. Ed & students with disabilities).
- a “collaborative” effort to provide ISD supports.
- utilized after building level interventions are
exhausted (BSC, etc.)
- employed prior to SPED referral
Evaluation / Stabilization classrooms
(significant safety concerns only)
Interim setting for SPED students
expelled or removed for a period of
- SPED: placement determination by IEP team
- non SPED: returned to sending school probably with a Safety
Plan, Behavior Support Plan, possibly BAST team
> K-5: separate entrance
- serving many Tier 3 students awaiting referral to SPED or involved in expulsion procedures (puttingoutthe fires support)
Where we are going?
- Proactive support to schools to address students struggling academically & behaviorally (building school capacity).
- Work to support schools around IPBS (Intensive Positive Behavior Supports) implementation.Reality Check