Motivations... Winners and Losers. Motivations Why did France and Britain fight? Gain control of Ohio River Valley Expand empires Disputes back in Europe. Motivations... 2. Why did the British colonies fight? - Expand colonies westward - Loyalty to mother country, Great Britain.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Winners and Losers...
Why did France and Britain fight?
Gain control of Ohio River Valley
Disputes back in Europe.
2. Why did the British colonies fight?
- Expand colonies westward
- Loyalty to mother country, Great Britain
3. Why did Native Americans fight?
To honor military alliances with European nations
To gain benefits of supporting the winner of the war
4. What did Britain gain as a result of winning?
(Almost) All of North America east of Mississippi
5. What did Britain lose?
6. What did the colonies gain as a result of the war?
Access to what had been French territory (resources... Fur trade)
7. What did colonies lose?
-Profit ( taxes were raised to pay war debts)
- Salutary Neglect ended...Britain increases control over “new” North American Empire
Some of their rights as British citizens
PROCLAMATION OF 1763 – NO SETTLEMENT WEST OF APPALACHAIN MTS. – RESERVED FOR NATIVE AMERICANS!!!!
8. What did France lose as a result of the war?
All of American territories (other than a few islands)
9. What did the war cost Native Americans?
Aid and friendship of the French for protection from the British