Crash Recovery. Chapter 18. Review: The ACID properties. A tomicity: All actions of the Xact happen, or none happen. C onsistency: If each Xact is consistent, and the DB starts consistent, it ends up consistent. I solation: Execution of one Xact is isolated from that of other Xacts.
Quotes from medical records as dictated by physicians:
1. The patient has been depressed ever since she began seeing me in 1983.
2. The patient refused an autopsy.
3. The patient has no past history of suicides.
4. The patient's past medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 lb weight gain in the last 3 days.
5. She slipped on the ice and apparently her legs went in different directions in early December.
6. The patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
7. She is numb from her toes down.
8. While in the ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.
9. Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches.
10. Coming from Detroit, this man has no children.
<XID, pageID, offset, length, old data, new data>
Oldest log rec. of Xact active at crash
Smallest recLSN in dirty page table after Analysis
flushed to disk