10-29-12 Biology. Turn in extra credit Test Wednesday: Biomolecules ( if you haven’t been studying your notes, then start!) 3. Biomolecules and Enzyme Web-quest ( gather your belongings and follow me to the library.). 10-30-12 Biology. Quick Write: ( 5 minutes timed)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
3. Biomolecules and Enzyme Web-quest ( gather your belongings and follow me to the library.)
Topic: How do you feel hurricane storm sandy has effected the communities of North America? How do you feel that it has effected certain ecosystems ( marine, land, etc. ) up north?
2. Check your grades!!! Are YOU passing or failing???
3. Gather belongings, we will head to the library to finish your web quest, use your time wisely and STAY ON TASK!
PLACE BACK-PACKS ON THE SIDE TABLES!! ALL YOU NEED IS A PENCIL TO WRITE WITH!
Also, class with the HIGHEST class average receives a pizza/movie party on me Nov. 7th !!!! Top 3 student averages receives a free spirit shirt !
( look to the front board)
3. Today: Complete Lipids and Protein Test
4. Clean Up Lab Stations
Biology- Note: Lab will be continued Monday ( for some classes). Sixth period…I cleaned up SOME of your mess but you all need to clean out those test tubes. Leaving unclean work stations is NEVER acceptable!
Advisory: Hello! I am sorry you could not meet me. Please complete the Lab Equipment worksheet. We will review this AND safety rules on Monday.
4. Complete numbers: 11-25, 26, 28, 31 on page 57-58
5. Review section review answers ( random chose by teacher)
All work is to be done independently and silently.
3. Homework: Study Bio-Chemistry ( chapter 2) notes
*The cell theory *organelles *Eukaryote *Prokaryote *TEM * SEM
*Describe why Hooke, Schwann, Leeuwenhoek, and Schleiden are important scientists.
Also have journals ready for grading ( back board has what I am looking for)
Homework: Study parts of the microscope and start studying the organelles of the cell.
Project: ( due 11/13/12: Create a 3D cell model of either a plant or an animal cell. Look at the examples I have on the table) Projects are worth an exam grade!
Tomorrow: Cell Organelle Web Quest ( meet up in the library)
3. Take Lab Safety Test
1. Cell Organelle Research Sheet ( meet in the library to complete the webquest)
1. Have a seat and listen for instructions! ( 3 min.)
2. Investigating Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Cells ( answer in journals and label!) (15 min)- Chapter 7 pg. 172-173
3. Complete Cell Organelle Web Quest and Finish gathering information for the cell debate( gather your belongings and lets go to the library) ( 2 min transit, rest of class to finish)
Lab: Monday ( let me know if you are going to be absent) – Quiz and Test coming up!
Reminder: Cell Projects due ( 11/13- its worth a test grade!) - The Great Cell debate is Tuesday as well
PreAP- Abstracts due by Monday, Final Project due Monday after break instead of 11/15.
Use your time wisely, once time is up, we move on to the next agenda item!