Proportions and Measurement Systems. Review the English measurement system and the metric system Convert measurement units using conversion factors Convert measurement units using dimensional analysis Learn and use the term rate.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Review the English measurement system and the metric system
Convert measurement units using conversion factors
Convert measurement units using dimensional analysis
Learn and use the term rate
• Place the measurement for ounces in L1 and the corresponding measurement for grams in L2.
• Create a list L3 that represents the quotient of L2/L1. Write a ratio for g/oz.
• Write a sentence that explains the meaning of the ratio you wrote in the last question.
• Use your ratio to find the equivalents for the Tomatoes and the Sundried Tomatoes.
• If x ounces corresponds to y grams, write a proportion that can be used to solve for either the ounces or grams.
• Solve the previous proportion for x ounces.
• Solve the previous proportion for y grams.
Learn the properties of a direct variation equation
Graph a direct variation equation
Read a direct variation graph to find missing values in the corresponding table
Use a direct variation equation to extrapolate values from a given data set
Develop an intuitive understand of the concepts of slope and linear equation
Place the measurement for ounces in L1 and the corresponding measurement for grams in L2.
Return to the lists and describe how you can create the value in L2 from the value in L1. How can you create the value in L1 from the value in L2?
Trace along the graph of your equation. Predict the number of grams in the can of tomatoes that weighs 102 oz. Predict the number of ounces in the can of sundried tomatoes that weights 980 grams.
Write several sentences that describes what you learned about approximating values with a graph, a table, and a graph of an equation. Describe which way you prefer and describe why.