2013 CTSI Mentor Development Program Retreat. Noon – 1 PM Lunch and Networking 1 – 1:15 PM Laurence Huang – Welcome and Overview 1:15 - 1:45 PM Introductions – Updates from Participants -- Name, Academic Rank, School, Department --Role in MDP (e.g., MDP leader, MDP Graduate/Class)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Noon – 1 PM Lunch and Networking
1 – 1:15 PM Laurence Huang – Welcome and Overview
1:15 - 1:45 PM Introductions – Updates from Participants
--Name, Academic Rank, School, Department
--Role in MDP (e.g., MDP leader, MDP Graduate/Class)
--Updates (e.g., K24 application, new mentees)
1:45 – 2:00 PM Mandana Khalili – CTSI Mentoring Consultation Service
2:00 – 2:15 PM Kathy Lee – Profiles Mentoring Tool
2:15 – 2:30 PM Mitch Feldman - Electronic Mentor Evaluations
2:30 – 2:45 PM Jeanette Brown – Online Course and Manuscript
2:45 – 3:00 PM Break and Photo
3:00 – 3:45 PM Laurence Huang, Moderator – Group Discussion on
Joys and Challenges of Distance Mentoring
3:45 – 4:00 PM Laurence Huang – Wrap Up
1. Sambunjak, D, Straus, SE, and Marusic, A. Mentoring in academic medicine: a systematic review. JAMA 2006;296:1103-1115.
2. Feldman, MD, Huang, L, Guglielmo, BJ, Jordan, R, Kahn, J, Creasman, JM, Wiener-Kronish, JP, Lee, KA, Tehrani, A, Yaffe, K, and Brown, JS. Training the next generation of research mentors: the University of California, San Francisco, Clinical & Translational Science Institute Mentor Development Program. Clinical and Translational Science 2009;2:216-221.
3. Kahn, JS, and Greenblatt, RM. Mentoring early-career scientists for HIV research careers. American Journal of Public Health 2009;99 Suppl 1:S37-42.
4. Johnson, MO, Subak, LL, Brown, JS, Lee, KA, and Feldman, MD. An innovative program to train health sciences researchers to be effective clinical and translational research mentors. Academic Medicine 2010;85:484-489.
5. Feldman, MD, Steinauer, JE, Khalili, M, Huang, L, Kahn, JS, Lee, KA, Creasman, J, and Brown, JS. A mentor development program for clinical translational science faculty leads to sustained, improved confidence in mentoring skills. Clinical and Translational Science 2012;5:362-367.