基础 知能 回扣. 重点 难点 突破. Although we have worked together for several years I can’t figure him_____. A. on B. in C. out D. up 【 解析 】 选 C 。句意为：尽管我们在一起共事好几年了，我还是琢磨不透他。 figure out 理解； figure on 指望； figure in 包括进； figure up 总计。. —Mum, I have finished my homework.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Although we have worked together for several years I can’t figure him_____. A. on B. in C. out D. up 【解析】选C。句意为：尽管我们在一起共事好几年了，我还是琢磨不透他。figure out理解；figure on指望；figure in包括进；figure up总计。
—Mum, I have finished my homework. —Oh. If you_____ not to disturb me, you can watch TV. ［2010银川模拟］ A. offer B. support C. guarantee D. want 【解析】选C。考查动词辨析。句意为：——妈妈，我做完作业了。——哦，如果你保证不打扰我，你可以看电视。offer（主动）提供；support支持，扶持；guarantee保证；want想要。根据语意，C项符合。
When you have finished the book, please______ it on the shelf. ［2010杭州模拟］ A. replace B. devote C. consider D. equip 【解析】选A。句意为：你读完书后请放回架子上。replace sth. +prep. /adv. 意为“把某物放回……”。
With more forests being destroyed, huge quantities of good earth_____ each year. A. is washing away B. is being washed away C. are washing away D. are being washed away 【解析】选D。句意为：随着越来越多的森林被摧毁，每年有大量的沃土被冲走。huge quantities of good earth为复数，排除A、B；根据句意应为被动，故选D。
He_____ for ten years but still doesn’t want to leave office. A. has been in power B. has come to power C. took office D. came into power 【解析】选A。句意：虽然他当权已经十年了，但他还不想离职。这四个选项都有“当权，执政”的意思，只有be in power可以与表示一段时间的状语连用，其他三个选项均表示瞬间动作，不能与表示一段时间的状语连用。
Oil prices have risen by 32 percent since the start of the year, _____ a record US $57. 65 a barrel. ［2010沈阳模拟］ A. have reached B. reaching C. to reach D. to be reaching 【解析】选B。考查非谓语动词。句意为：自今年开始油价已上涨了32%，已达到每桶57. 65美元的纪录。由前面一句话表述的内容可知后面为结果，reaching为现在分词作结果状语。
In the great fire, he was lucky to escape_____. A. to be killing B. killing C. killed D. being killed 【解析】选D。句意：在这次大火中，他幸运地逃过了一劫。escape作“逃脱”时，后跟doing；又由于kill与主语he之间为被动关系，故选D。
The mystery was_____ when he admitted he had been there all the time. A. cleared off B. cleared away C. cleared up D. cleared out 【解析】选C。考查动词词组。clear off“离开”；clear away“散去；消失；（烟、雾等）消散”；clear up“把……弄清楚，澄清”；clear out“清除，整理”。由此可知C项符合题意。
—How do you deal with the disagreement between the company and the customers? —The key_____ the problem is to meet the demand_____ by the customers. A. to solving; making B. to solving; made C. to solve; making D. to solve; made 【解析】选B。key后面的to为介词，后面接动名词；made by the customers作后置定语，修饰demand。
Ⅰ. 单词拼写 1. I’m busy now. Please make a brief（简短的）speech. 2. She was the victim（受害者）of the road accident. 3. He was diagnosed（诊断）with cancer so he was filled with despair. 4. When the boiler exploded（爆炸）, he was hurt by the steam. 5. Surgeons have made a great breakthrough（突破）in the kidney transplantation.
6. He needs a high income to support（供养）such a large family. 7. With the development of modern agriculture（农业）and industry, more and more waste is produced. 8. He is an important political figure（人物）in Indian history. 9. Education（教育）is given to children by the government. 10. The original（最初的）owner of the house was Duke Wellington.
Ⅱ. 完成句子 1. 他希望靠卖饮料来谋生。 He hopes to earn his living by selling drinks. 2. 由于交通堵塞，他开会迟到了。 He was late for the meeting as a result of a traffic jam. 3. 被称为“泉城”的济南因它的72泉而为我们所熟知。 Jinan is known to us as “Quan City”for its 72 springs.
4. 大批量购货较便宜。 It is cheaper to buy goods in large quantities . 5. 如果天气放晴，我们可以出去散步。 If the weather clears up , we can go out for a walk. 6. 由于碰上了交通堵塞，所以他们耽搁了。 They were caught in the traffic jam, thus causing the delay .
Ⅲ. 单项填空 1. —I have passed the exam. —_____! You are really good. A. Me too B. I have known C. Well done D. Good luck 【解析】选C。Well done“干得好”。符合题意。Me too“我也是”；I have known“我已经知道了”；Good luck“祝你好运”，均与语境不符。
2. China is playing a ______part in solving the international problems. A. leading B. sharp C. forma lD. live 【解析】选A。句意：中国在解决国际问题方面起着主要作用。leading“主要的”，符合题意。sharp“锐利的，锋利的”；formal“正式的”；live“现场的”。
3. The key_____ this country a comfortable and clean place to live in is to control industrial pollution. A. keeping B. to keeping C. to keep D. keep 【解析】选B。the key to doing sth. 意为“做某事的关键是……”，其中to为介词。句意为：使该国保持舒服又干净的居住环境的关键是控制工业污染。
4. Do you know when the next book will_____? A. publish B. come out C. published D. come about 【解析】选B。句意：你知道下一本书何时出版吗？publish在此处应用被动语态；C项如果改成be published也正确；come out意为“出版”，为不及物动词短语；come about意为“发生”，相当于happen。故选B。
5. As a result of earthquake, a large____ of earth____ blocked several rivers there. A. number; has B. quantity; has C. number; have D. quantity; have 【解析】选B。由于earth（泥土）为不可数名词，不能用a number of修饰，排除A、C；a large quantity of后跟名词作主语时，其后谓语动词应与名词保持一致，故选B。
6. Two thirds of the work _____done by Jimmy, and _______was done by Nancy. ［2010海口模拟］ A. was; the rest B. was; the others C. were; the others D. were; the rest 【解析】选A。考查主谓一致。分数与the rest作主语时，应先看其是指可数还是不可数、单数还是复数概念，然后再判断其谓语。此处two thirds与the rest都是指work(工作)，表示不可数的概念，故谓语应用单数。另外the others只能指复数概念。
7. “Justice has long arms. ”Those who break the law will not escape____ . A. to punish B. to be punished C. punishing D. being punished 【解析】选D。escape意为“逃避；逃脱”，后跟动词ing形式作宾语。因punish与主语those之间是被动关系，因此用动词-ing形式的被动形式。句意为：“天网恢恢，疏而不漏。”触犯了法律的人是逃脱不了惩罚的。
8. After the president made an official announcement, she expressed her______ opinion. A. personal B. private C. single D. individual 【解析】选A。总统发表正式讲话之后，她表达了自己的（个人的）意见。personal“个人的”，符合题意。private“私有的”；single“单一的”；individual“个别的”。
9. I’ve heard that our boss is to arrange me for a trade talk with another company,____ I can’t go picnicking with you on Sunday. A. in this case B. in that case C. in which case D. in case 【解析】选C。句意为：我听说我们老板要安排我和另外一家公司进行贸易洽谈，那样的话，我就不能在周日和你一块去野餐了。此处为非限制性定语从句，在介词之后的引导词用which。
10. Though the man was badly hurt in the accident, he was still ______and could think clearly. ［2010银川模拟］ A．awake B．aware C．confused D．conscious 【解析】选D。考查形容词辨析。awake“醒的”，aware“明白的；知道的”，confused“困惑的”，conscious“清醒的；有知觉的”。句意：虽然那个人在事故中严重受伤，但他仍神志清醒，思路清晰。