davidr:. C-8 Moving Toward Excellence: Integrating Performance and Outcome Measurements. A Data-driven Organizational Quality and Performance System. Jill Pfitzenmayer, Ph.D. Child & Family Services, Newport, RI David Robinson, Ed.D.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
C-8 Moving Toward Excellence:
Integrating Performance and Outcome Measurements
A Data-driven Organizational Quality and Performance System
Jill Pfitzenmayer, Ph.D.
Child & Family Services, Newport, RI
David Robinson, Ed.D.
Center for Evaluation and Research with Children and Adolescents,
Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, Boston, MA
1. Participants will learn how to identify program goals, objectives and specific program activities toward the accomplishment of program mission, vision and values.
2. Participants will obtain information about establishing an organizational structure that supports critical analysis of program performance and quality improvement.
3. Participants will identify specific outcome indicators, measurement tools and data collection methods relevant to their program plans.
4. Participants will learn how to link staff training, employee retention, program performance and outcome measurement efforts.
5. Participants will be able to understand when internal outcome assessment can be enhanced by the introduction of an outside evaluator as consultant or primary investigator.
Performance Measurement – “Ongoing monitoring and reporting of program accomplishments, particularly progress towards preestablished goals.”*
* GAO, April 1998
1. Gilbert Performance Engineering Approach
Decide what is the problem
Collect data on how solutions are working
Revise action plan if needed
Continue to monitor
C&FS develops long-term
strategic plan (4 yrs)
participate in all
Each dept. develops
annual plan of goals
and objectives (G2.4)
Quarterly review of each
by agency CQI Team
as necessary (G2.11)
of year-end progress(G2.9)
Agency Strategic Plan
Organizational Quality & Performance
Assess performance and outcomes
to align agency goals and program activities
Link staff needs with training and
Employer of Choice Initiatives
Maintain focus on performance
to attract and retain highest
“I wanted to share with you my excitement of having completed the baseline ECERS and ITERS for child care today!…With this data we can now create our baseline and use it to establish our movement forward to improved overall quality in our Centers for the children, families and our staff! This is so exciting. Good things are in our future, along with much hard work…I am confident that I will lead the way to our success!”
Patty Shelley, Child Care Program Director
Case Study of CQI & Performance Measurement System
Rating Scale: 1 = A Little; 2 = Just Enough; 3 = Success
Primary Presenter: Jill Pfitzenmayer, Ph.D.
Title: Senior Vice President, Organizational Quality and Performance
Agency: Child & Family Services
Address: 24 School Street, Newport, RI 02840
Co-Presenter: David Robinson, Ed.D.
Title: Director for the Center for Evaluation and Research with Children and Adolescents (CERCA)
Agency: Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
Address: 399 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or CERCA@mspcc.org