Micro-Lending. What is micro-lending?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Can a $50 loan really make a significant impact on a person’s life?
Kiva's mission is to connect people, through lending, for the sake of alleviating poverty.
Kiva was co-founded by Matt and Jessica Flannery, when they were 28 and 27 respectively.
PayPal provides Kiva with free payment processing. Kiva's is the first account at PayPal with a free payment processing agreement.
Anyone with an email address can create a Kiva Account. Anyone who can make payments using a credit card or PayPal account can be a Kiva Lender.
You can lend as part of any number of teams on the Kiva website, such as the CSU team or the Stuff You Should Know Podcast team
2) The Field Partner uploads the entrepreneur’s profile to Kiva’s website.
3) Lenders like you browse the entrepreneurs’ profiles and choose someone to lend to, using PayPal or their credit cards (as little as $25!).
4) Kiva provides the funds to our Field Partners.
5) Over time, the entrepreneur repays her loan.
6) When lenders get their money back, they can re-lend to another entrepreneur, donate their funds to Kiva (to cover operational expenses), or withdraw their funds to their PayPal accounts.
Microloan is committed to helping the poorest of the poor to help themselves in order to change their lives for the better.
Our mission is to use micro-lending to promote economic opportunity and political stability in the Middle East.
Pro Mujer provides poor women in Latin America with the means to build livelihoods for themselves and futures for their families through microfinance, business training, and healthcare support.
MicroPlace’s mission is to help alleviate global poverty by enabling everyday people to make investments in the world’s working poor.
*This website gives you back your money back with interest, unlike the other sites which are interest-free, which do you think is more helpful to those in need?
Colorado State University
See slide notes for display tips and do not print this page!