Pastor/Teacher Jim Rickard Sunday, April 18, 2010. Grace Fellowship Church. www.GraceDoctrine.org. John 15:1-8 Occupation with the Lord Jesus Christ. In John 15:1-5 we are given the process by which we “bear fruit”, producing Divine Good.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1) Establishment Principle: the “True Vine” – Jesus Christ our spiritual sustenance, and the “Vinedresser” – God the Father‘s Predesigned Protocol Plan.
3) Environment Principles: “You are already clean”, our Eternal Security / Positional Sanctification, designed for confidence in execution of God’s Plan for our lives.
4) Empowerment Principle: “Abiding in Christ”, which is our Experiential Sanctification / Walk / Fellowship / Occupation with the Lord Jesus Christ.
5) Exceleration Principle: “Brings forth much fruit”, which is the result of the Supergrace life when you have had maximum Occupation with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Heb 12:2, “Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the Cross and disregarding the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
1 Peter 3:15, “But sanctify the Lord Christ in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.”
2 Cor 13:14, “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love for God [the Father] and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you.”
1 Peter 1:8, “And even though you have not seen Him, you love Him (occupation with Christ); and though you do not see Him now but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with inexpressible happiness (+H) and full of glory.”
6) The basis for O. w/ C. is having the mind of Christ, 1 Cor 2:16, by the intake of Bible Doctrine through the Grace Apparatus for Perception, (G.A.P.), Jer 9:24; Eph 3:17-19, 4:20.
8) Occupation with Christ is the standard operating procedure for the mature believer and continues to develop in the three stages of spiritual adulthood. Heb 12:1-2
9) Occupation with Christ is illustrated by the Doctrine of Right Man/Right Woman. She is to be occupied with her right man as we are to be occupied with Christ. 1 Cor 11:5-9; Eph 5:22-33; Col 3:18
Grace Fellowship ChurchSunday, April 18, 2010Tape # 10-044Occupation with the Lord Jesus Christ, Part 2Upper Room Discourse, Part 359 John 15:1-5; 1 Cor 1:9; Phil 2:1-5; Heb 12:2; 1 Peter 3:15James H. Rickard Bible Ministries 2010