By Rachel and Brian, core 6
by Rachel Murphy and Brian Greco, core 6
To examine the effects of acidic substances’ reaction with non-acidic limestone chalk, modeling the effects of acid rain.
When submerged in the acidic liquids, the chalk will begin to disintegrate or completely dissolve.
•Chalk is calcium carbonate (CaC03)
• Vinegar/LJ react with chalk
• Erode to form calcium (Ca) and C02
•When in the acidic liquids, the chalk began to disintegrate
• Even in water, some wearing away could be seen
• Vinegar and lemon juice are acids: 1 and 2 on the PH scale
• The process displayed in this experiment models acid rain
by Rachel Murphy and Brian Greco