LEGAL UPDATE . Jen (Vogt-Lowell) Dibble, Esq. Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP. Employee Free Choice Act.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Jen (Vogt-Lowell) Dibble, Esq.
Allen Matkins Leck Gamble
Mallory & Natsis LLP
(2) Establish Selection Criteria for Termination
-COBRA, WARN and Cal-Warn, CBA, employment contract, personnel policy
(4) Checklist: RIF Guidelines for Minimizing Litigation Risk
1) Articulate business need for RIF and business goal to be accomplished
2) Can RIF be avoided?
3) RIF limited to certain depts or applied across-the-board?
4) Identify positions to be eliminated
5) Set the criteria for selection
6) Rank employees
7) Check layoff list for adverse impact by protected category
8) Any complainers? (WC, whistleblowers?)
9) Should additional compensation be provided in exchange for a release of claims?
10) Does RIF trigger WARN or Cal-Warn notice requirements?
11) Provide COBRA notice
12) Consider transition assistance – ex. Outplacement services
13) Train managers on communicating information to workforce and how to manage reduced workforce after RIF